We Need Your Help!

Daichi

EN Sentinel Director & FunCorp
Sentinel
FunCorp
pig.png
Recently, the staff have noticed that the EN Community no longer has the warm and friendly atmosphere that it once had and what players loved. We've also acknowledged that we've grown apart from the EN players. The close family-feel EN used to have is gone and players are reluctant to confront us. This is harmful to us, the EN staff, because our bond with the players is vital. That connection is what brings us closer and keeps everyone in the community safe. As staff, it's important to us that the players are happy and have a good experience whilst continuing to play the game. With that being said, we want to rebuild the bond we've lost and to brighten up the community where the atmosphere has a middle ground of being welcoming for newcomers yet still appealing to the oldies.​

With players being the most important for us to satisfy, we specifically want your help in suggesting ways that would bring the community together.
These can consist of small events, get togethers, competitions, etc. Every idea and suggestion is welcome and very appreciated.
We look forward to seeing all of your wonderful inputs!

(Likes on suggestions will be considered upvotes/support towards the idea)​

Last edited:

Kye

Active Mouse
If i'm being truly honest Mods can't per-say be 'friends' with most players mainly cafers due to them having to do their job and moderating the cafers and ruining their 'fun', and you can't really escape drama etc since it's the internet.

Maybe hire people that are qualified for a specific team but also pretty 'popular' to maybe grow relations.

EN Specific competitions (instead of funcorps of international competitions) to try and bond the players and maybe with whatever the subject of the event is could bring some players together.

Jughead

EN/E2 Community Manager
Staff Member
Admin
If i'm being truly honest Mods can't per-say be 'friends' with most players mainly cafers due to them having to do their job and moderating the cafers and ruining their 'fun', and you can't really escape drama etc since it's the internet.

Maybe hire people that are qualified for a specific team but also pretty 'popular' to maybe grow relations.

EN Specific competitions (instead of funcorps of international competitions) to try and bond the players and maybe with whatever the subject of the event is could bring some players together.
In all honesty, I truly believe that the Cafe represents a vast amount of the EN community as it is possibly one of the most social areas of the game.
I agree the recruiting well-known players will in fact benefit the staff teams relations to the players, but your suggestion is already being put in action which I believe is heavenly news.
The first part of your suggestion I can agree with, but there's not much we can do about it because it would be immensely unfair to give sanctions out to other players and favour your friends. I'm an EN cafer and manager and I've been around before the cafe was introduced to the game; and even when it was introduced, it became one of the sole purposes to my activity. I truly think that I'm more social when it comes to the cafe and I believe I'm one of those EN staff members who visit the cafe often to chat, but even with that, not all mods social milieu lie primarily in the cafe.

Also, moderating the cafe doesn't necessarily have tear apart friendships, I believe it's still possible to maintain a stable friendship while having a job on the game. What really tears up friendships is the logic that because someone gets muted by their friend, they aren't friends anymore or they take the sanction far too personally.

Well, if I had to say anything? It would be fix how people treat everyone.
That's fairly idealistic.

You know, TG was a very open and loving community. Perhaps we can just try and recreate that feel?

What I mean is, invite older players, that maybe have "quit" just to be a part of it. For example, my friend Grand, quit MF, but still is somewhat part of the community because she talks in Discord to me, and her friends.

This may be hard to achieve, so instead perhaps we can only invite select players. For example, have certain requirements so that way it wont be so cluttered and unorganized.

One last thing is to have perhaps separate servers, that link to one MF Community. For example, Cafers, and Racers.

I know all of this sounds like a lot, but from experience, I know it takes a lot to change something that's been somewhat ruined. I'd be happy to help with any creation of ideas, and you may use me for whatever you need.
There are in fact cafe Discord servers, but that is out of the EN staff teams control. We don't personally own those servers and it's better if we don't anyway, same thing applies to racing servers.
I think only inviting a selective amount of participants to hang out with the staff team to party is very exclusive, and I don't doubt that some players would feel left out or get jealous over their friends. I think that would be pretty hectic.
I do believe that Training Grounds was an open and loving community, and I wouldn't mind bringing it back at all. However, if I did bring it back, it's purpose would subdue an entirely different concept.

Last edited:
Small events or competitions that players and staff can actively participate would be a great way for everyone to interact. And, similar to 'title rooms,' admins or other staff could help host smaller rooms to play games or chat.

I agree that having a discord server like TG could allow us to do things like karaoke nights, movie nights, and just chat more in general without having to physically be on MF. It's easier to communicate with everyone and you aren't restricted to only being on your computer. Force Social could be revamped or a new server could be created to increase activity.

Glow

EN Mod
Small events or competitions that players and staff can actively participate would be a great way for everyone to interact. And, similar to 'title rooms,' admins or other staff could help host smaller rooms to play games or chat.

I agree that having a discord server like TG could allow us to do things like karaoke nights, movie nights, and just chat more in general without having to physically be on MF. It's easier to communicate with everyone and you aren't restricted to only being on your computer. Force Social could be revamped or a new server could be created to increase activity.
I love the idea of revamping Force Social or creating a new server altogether. FS is pretty outdated imo. I think it mainly serves as a platform for players to report mishaps on the forums and in game. It'd be great to bring new life to that server with new features and maybe some advertising to encourage players to join.

adding this:
I rarely touch FS unless I'm checking the reports section. I think a big reason why it's so unused by normal players is that staff refuse to chat or "hang out" there. The staff usually ends up talking to each other and I think it'd do some good if we branched out to a public server and included players in our conversations.

Littlz

EN Map Crew
Map Crew
Another small idea could be starting tournaments. A lot of players are into the idea of getting firs, surviving the longest, or doing the most bootcamps. Its a far out idea but i think a lot of people would be into that. Even if staff members were to make public rooms to just hangout like other people said, I think it would be really effective.